Alternative News

Alternative News

Our Destiny

Friday, April 4, 2014

Dole Fruit Cups Exposed


Let me start off by saying, I never really ate these, but I know plenty of people who give them to their kids because they think it is a healthier alternative to jello.




The biggest word on here that I can see next to Dole is Gel.  Let’s move on to the health claims. All natural fruit, rich in vitamin C and 90 calories.  So let’s look at the back.





The third ingredient is sugar (processed).  The next one is carrageenan. Some believe that carrageenan has been linked to cancer.  Right after that, we have natural and artificial flavors.  One gross ingredient that would fall under natural flavors is castoreum.  Castoreum comes from the anal sacs of beavers.  I don’t know if castoreum is in here for sure, but I try to stay away from the term “natural flavors” just in case.  The next gross ingredient, (that is actually listed on the label),  is cochineal extract.  It comes from the shells of insects.  Nasty!  Stay far away from anything that contains an ingredient that you have to google.  Lastly, I would like to point out that Dole is one of the companies that fought against Prop 37.  They are listed right here.  Probably because they don’t want you to know that insect shell  extract is in their products!  So please boycott this brand.



No comments:

Post a Comment